Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Baby it's Cold Outside

[It's well below freezing outside today and I found myself singing "Baby Its Cold Outside" to myself so I figured I'd post the song.]

pezbandThough Chicago's Pezband formed in 1971, in 1978 retail giant Record World crowned Pezband “Most Promising New Act of the Year.” Perhaps that's because they got lumped into the resurging skinny tie power pop scene of the late 70's. They released 3 full length LP's (Pezband, Laughing in the Dark, and Cover to Cover), as well as two live EP's (30 Seconds over Schaumburg and Too Old Too Soon). Despite talent, great records and critical acclaim the band never sold a lot of records and quickly found themselves in the cut out bins. [I dug out my Pezband LPs and price stickers on the jackets revealed that I paid .25 cents for their debut and a buck for their second]. Being signed to South Plainfield NJ's Passport records certainly didn't help them much. They split up in 1980.

Pezband were:
Mimi Betinis: Guitar, Vocals.
Mick Rain: Drums, Vocals.
Mike Gorman: Bass, Vocals
Tommy Gauvenda: Guitars

Pezband LPs were reissued on CD for the first time in Japan a couple of years ago. They can be found here (self-titled debut) , here (Laughing in the Dark) and here (Cover to Cover).

Pezband have since reformed and have a myspace page.

Go to the download page to get Pezband - "Baby it's Cold Outside"

4 Comments:

Blogger helmut said...

visit my new wave blog: http://electronicallyyours.blogspot.com/

thanks!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

I've long had a soft spot for these guys: thanx for resurrecting this track!

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that was really fun. I found your page about a year ago and thought it was great then. I just remembered to look for it again, and I'm glad I found you for this song. I feel gutted that I've missed all these great sounding bands... but I'll just have to remember to come back more often... thanks again

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aargh, I just discovered you and am sad to see I missed some interesting-sounding tracks no longer on your downloads page! Gee, if only there were websites that would host your files for longer and avoid ticking off your ISP! (Hint: http://www.prospector.cz/Free-Internet-services/Online-storage-space/ ). (I'm not associated with any of them, just trying to help....)

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home